OPEN FOR TOURS BY APPOINTMENT
Beginning May 11th
Advance appointments can be made for tours, depending on tour guide availability. Minimum admission is $25. Please call or email to schedule. 2 week's notice preferred.
BOYHOOD HOME OF ALMANZO WILDER
Opens for season on May 23.
Boyhood home of Almanzo Wilder will open Monday - Saturday, 10-4 and Sunday 12-4. Last tour each days begins at 3:00pm.
MALONE SUPPORTS ALMANZO WILDER HOMESTEAD
Friday, July 10th.
Cocktail party from 4:30-7:00 PM at Malone Golf Club.
$20 per person includes hors d'oevres.
Guest, William Anderson.
CHILDREN'S ART EVENT & LITERARY LANDMARK CELEBRATION
Saturday, July 11th 10am-4pm.
Art show will be on display beginning July 4th.
• Children's art show will be on display, along with student essays. Award ceremony.
• Kids art activities, 19th century games, vendors, food available.
• Unveiling of the Literary Landmark plaque
• Guest speaker- author and historian, William Anderson.
• Entertainment by Roy Hurd, popular Adirondack singer/songwriter
CULTURAL FESTIVAL - SCOTTISH FLING
Saturday, August 29th, 10am-4pm.
Celebrating the Scottish heritage of the area in the mid 19th century with traditional food, Scottish dancers, bagpipers, folk music, demonstrations, games, and more. With St. Andrew's Society of the Adirondacks. The MacCulloch Dancers from Ontario will perform (10:00 & 2:00), along with The Elgin District Pipe & Drums from Huntingdon, Quebec (1:30). Adirondack folksinger, Roy Hurd, will appear for two special performances with mandolinist, Skip Smithson (12:30 & 2:30).
ANNUAL HARVEST FESTIVAL & CIVIL WAR LIVING HISTORY ENCAMPMENT
Saturday, September 26th, 10am-4pm.
• All Wilder buildings will be open for self-guided tours.
• Civil War living history encampment and skirmishes
• Pumpkin painting and children's 19th century game in the apple orchard, children's corn pit in the barn, Farmer Boy readings.
• 6th Annual "As Time Passes" adult juried art show on display in the museum. Vote for People's Choice.
• Food and beverages available. Freshly made donuts!
Sunday, September 27th, 10:00-4:00
• Open extended Sunday hours 10am-4pm; Regular admission and guided tours available.
• Civil War Encampment and skirmish
FINAL DAY OF REGULAR SEASON
OPEN FOR TOURS BY APPOINTMENT
For the month of October, advance appointments can be made for tours, depending on tour guide availability. Minimum admission is $25. Please call or email to schedule. 2 week's notice preferred.
"CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITH ALMANZO"
Saturday, December 5th
11:00-3:00 Free admission. Come and enjoy readings from Farmer Boy Christmas chapter in the parlor of the house. (Adults must accompany and remain with child.) Enjoy cookies, mulled cider, Christmas carols, and children's activities. Come visit our gift store for last minute shopping with complimentary gift wrapping for purchased items. "Happy Christmas!"
ALL EVENTS AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE WILDER HOMESTEAD AT
Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association
© All contents copyrighted by the
Almanzo and Laura Ingalls Wilder Association & Design By Rainbow Graphics
You are the
visitor. Thank you for stopping by.